Blue Angel mark
Launched in Germany in 1978 as the world’s first environmental labelling system, the Blue Angel Mark is awarded to certify products and services that have a smaller environmental impact than average. Since receiving the world’s first Blue Angel certification in the field of copiers in January 1992, Konica Minolta has continued to receive certification for new products by clearing the certification bar each time it has been raised.
Office Equipment with Printing Function (Printers, Copiers, Multifunction Devices),
Benefits to Environment and Health
- Minimised pollutant impact on indoor air quality
- Low energy consumption in idle modes for enhanced climate protection
- Low-noise operation does not interfere with user’s concentration
- Uses recycled paper
- Duplex unit for double-sided printing on high-end appliances
- Products that meet certain standards can be registered as Energy Star devices as part of an energy-saving program for office equipment.
- Implemented in 1995 through an agreement between the Japanese and US governments, the international program has since expanded with the participation of the EU, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, and other countries.
BLI Outstanding Achievement for Energy Efficiency
Twice yearly, the independent American test institute BLI (Buyers’ Laboratory Inc.) gives an Outstanding Achievement award to the most energy‐efficient models tested. The bizhub C452 and bizhub 363 received this award thanks to their significantly lower than average projected annual energy consumption. BLI stressed that the bizhub C452 and bizhub 363 can be set to its lowest energy‐using modes without sacrificing productivity, because its recovery times from energy‐save and sleep modes are significantly below average.
RoHS (Restriction of use of hazardous substances)
Konica Minolta fully commits to RoHS and not only avoids the listed substances in the RoHS‐designated products but has discontinued the use of these substances in all office products.
Global 100 Corporate Sustainability Benchmark list
Konica Minolta is the highest-ranked provider of image information products, coming 70th on this year’s independent Global 100 Corporate Sustainability Benchmark list.
Corporate Knights, the magazine for clean capitalism, has in cooperation with its partners published the annual Global 100 list since 2005. Global 100 analyses a number of companies and their activities based on environmental, social governance and financial data.
The Global 100 rating reflects Konica Minolta’s efforts to take social and environmental care – especially since it formulated its Eco Vision 2050 in January 2009.